Monday, March 17, 2008

Venn Diagram

For my venn diagram I read The Fourth Little Pig and The Three Little Javelinas. Both stories are related the The Three Little Pigs story that we all know so well.

This is a picture of the differences. One side is of The Fourth Little Pig and the other side represents The Three Little Javelinas.



This next picture is of the similarities between the two stories.

I attached the sentences to the board with velcro. I made it this way so that the children could decide for themselves where they think each sentence belongs. Either with the similarities, The Fourth Little Pig or the The Three Little Javelinas. The pictures below show the front and back of some of the sentences so that you can see how I attached the velcro. The other picture shows the board with missing pieces.

2 comments:

Dr. Frye said...

Wow! It is most obvious considerable effort was demonstrated here! I love the addition of velcro to creative the interactive quality of the Venn. I also really like the objects you included. Bravo!

Dr. Frye said...

Again, we could call them "pig-like" animals for similarities, and then actually contrast them on each side.